Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Spring Has Sprung!

What an amazing day we had here yesterday! Completely dispelled the reputation of the normally rainy, Northwest. My crocuses were delighted with the warmth and opened up their happy little faces for all the world to see. The dog was very pleased to be out for a walk (no way was I going out the day before in that deluge! All his buddies were out as well, so everyone had a good sniff/visit. I started out with my coat on, but by the end of our driveway, realized I needed to ditch it. Too hot!



Look at this pot of mini daffodils ... the three flower heads in the centre actually belong to only ONE stem! I've never seen anything like it. The only reason that they're in bloom this early in the season is because the pot is up close to the patio door and they're protected by the roof slope above. It's something happy to look at (particularly on a dreary day) while I'm sitting in the family room knitting or reading.




My sister thought that I should include a picture of her in the blog, so, here you go, Maureen! That's me on the right, and my 'nephew' Leopold, in Maureen's arms. We're 23 months apart and, no, I'm not going to tell you who's older!



My stepdaughters popped in late yesterday afternoon, after visiting their Grandma in the hospital (which, conveniently, is only two blocks away from our house). We ended up having supper together and a lot of good laughs. I thought I'd best start taking some 'pregnancy progression' photos, so here is Kala (say 'Kayla') at exactly 2 months and 4 days pregnant. Not t-o-o-o excited, eh?

No comments: