Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bonsai Tunic

I had to put my Somewhat Cowl project on hold until I can find some 3.5mm dpns. The sleeves will just have to wait until I do. Oh good ... a terrific excuse to start another project!

I've started working on the Bonsai Tunic in the latest issue of Interweave Knits (my favorite knitting magazine!) using a wool/cotton blend in a lovely chocolate shade made by Marks & Kattens of France. I'd never heard of this yarn before ... it was one of the 'screaming deals' I got at the closeout sale mentioned in a previous post. I think I paid $1.50/ball for 10 balls! It's nice to work with and even though my test gauge measured out perfectly, I think it's going to be too big, what with the stretch aspect ... I see some 'frogging' in my future. Thankfully, I'm not too far along yet :) My friend recently made the same pattern out of Butterfly Super 10, in a yummy shade of green. It has a little bit of a pearl sheen to it and looks beautiful ... I may have to rethink my yarn selection for this project. Oh well, I had fun playing with it!

No comments: