Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter! He is Risen!

Happy Easter, everyone! He is risen, indeed!
Here's one of the Easter cards I made this year ... love the jelly beans and the 'chocolate' bunny.
The house still smells of cinnamon buns baking, although I think there's only one left :) ... they are truly my favorite indulgence ... obviously everyone else enjoyed them too! We had a late brunch and then sat outside in the sun for a bit until it got too cool. Then, off for a walk with the dog, to wear off the cinnamon buns!

In my last post, I showed you a card booklet that I had made. Well, I packed it up, along with samples of other things I'd made and went to my local favorite paper/photo store with resume in hand. Had an interview on Saturday and as of that same evening, I am now a part-time employee there beginning Monday a.m. I'm excited! I've wanted to work with this group of ladies for some time now and since I'm in there at least twice a week anyway, I thought I may as well work there!

Here's the Somewhat Cowl from here that I started knitting a couple of weeks ago. It's my first time knitting a 'top-down' sweater, but I'm really liking it! Best part of all, there will be virtually nothing to seam up at the end (my least favorite part!). I had a challenge understanding an abbreviation in the pattern, so I emailed Wendy at Knit and Tonic, who was very helpful. I'm doing it in some Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (from my stash!) which is by far, my most favorite yarn. It's even machine washable! I have an entire plastic storage container dedicated solely to this particular yarn, in various colours.

The sleeve is on a stitch holder for the moment, until I can decide if I'm making it short-sleeved, or perhaps three-quarter. I'm leaning towards the longer.

The neckline is quite deep, with a doubled over cowl. I'll be wearing a camisole under mine, but there are some who are more daring and simply wear it by itself.
Here's as far as I've got ... I'll post the completed photo once I figure out what I'm doing with the sleeves. It's great to be able to try it on as you go, and make any necessary adjustments, rather than waiting to the end, realizing it's either too big or small, and then having to frog the whole thing ... grrr!

No comments: