Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Debbie Bliss Baby Shawl

This is a blanket I started knitting the second I found out about our upcoming grandbaby ... it took forever!! Knit in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (6 balls), on size 3 1/4 mm needles, this was a labour of love. The blanket is knit first, and then you separately knit the edging and sew it on as you go. Oh, you'll find the pattern in Debbie Bliss Special Knits, if you're interested. It's the perfect size for a baby crib -- you're looking at 1/4 of it in the photo. So soft! Love this yarn.


Below is my sister, having dinner at our place on Sunday, celebrating her 44th birthday!!!!! She threatened me with all kinds of things if I even thought about putting her picture on the blog ... I listen real well, huh? Doesn't she look fabulous? Yes, she is wearing the same hat that Brinkley (the dog) wore for his birthday last month ... I didn't tell her that until after the photo :)


2 comments:

Romi said...

She *does* look great! And the baby shawl is gorgoeus, too. :)

Gail said...

She looks great, but she also looks a lot like you (so I guess you look great too, eh)! Lovely baby blanket, very lucky baby!