Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Another Baby Blanket!

At 11 a.m. PST this morning, I was sitting in front of the computer, riveted, waiting for Hello Yarn's newest offerings of hand spun yarn. It goes so quickly that you really have to be on the ball! I was able to snap up 2 skeins of Fat Sock in a gorgeous green/brown/cream combo that will become a Baby Surprise Jacket, by Elizabeth Zimmerman. Such a cool pattern! I can hardly wait for it to arrive!

Here's the latest WIP ... a baby blanket with a picot edging shown below, before the hem is turned and stitched under. The pattern is from Vogue Knits Summer 2007, shown on page 72. It's meant to have a bobbled, square section in the middle, bordered top and bottom by a lattice section with a picot edging. I decided that since I liked the lattice so much, I would continue it throughout, starting and ending with the picot trim. I'm using a lovely cream colour of 'Donna' by Scheepjes ( a merino/acrylic blend) which is unbelievably soft ... sigh!


And here is the picot edge turned under, so you get the idea of how it will look once sewn.

1 comment:

craft-chick said...

The cream blanket is beautiful...but I have to say it may be time to teach your friend how to knit, so she understands the love you put in every stitch, and the effort! How kind of you to knit a second to go-along with her new color scheme!