Saturday, August 11, 2007

Eye Candy

The wonderful fruity colours of this yarn just begged to be displayed with my ornamental fruit bowl. This is 'Tender Heart' merino hand dyed/spun sock yarn from 'Hello Yarn'. It is a lovely blend of lavender/burgandy/chocolate/lime, reminiscent of my other favorite yarn, 'Koigu'. I had a little birthday money left over and decided to treat myself. The yarn itself was reasonably priced for artist yarn, but the shipping fee of $9 was a little much, considering the postage stamp on the box said $3.76! Oh well, it's not an 'every day' kind of purchase and the yarn truly is lovely. I haven't decided what it will be used for yet ... originally, the plan was to make the 'Baby Surprise Jacket' (BSJ) from Elizabeth Zimmerman, however, I'm thinking of holding off until I receive my next shipment of 'Hello Yarn' which is the Fat sock in the green/chocolate/cream combo. It could go for either a boy or girl. Then, if the new grand-baby is a girl, I'll still have some fabulous yarn to look forward to and I'll just have to make another BSJ!

1 comment:

Romi said...

That looks yumy! :)