Wednesday, September 12, 2007

W I P Wednesday

Another 'pumpkin' hat from Itty Bitty Hats ... minus the pumpkin colour. The wide ribbing doesn't really show well in the photo ... much better on an actual head.

And ... I've successfully re-started the pinwheel baby blanket -- whoo-hoo!!! After botching it back here, and trying numerous times to get it going again, I've finally been successful. Who would have thought it would be so difficult to work with 5 stitches in the round????? I mean, good grief, I've conquered cables, colourwork, steeks, etc. surely a little thing like this shouldn't be the death of me??? However, it very nearly was. I've started this thing at least a dozen or more times, only to botch it shortly after casting on. I found it so awkward. Finally, I switched to bamboo needles and then only cast on to 3 needles (instead of 4) and then added the 4th as I increased to more stitches. Success! I guess, initially, it was a bad combination of metal needles (too slippery) and then using too many needles. Whatever -- it worked; I'm happy; that's all that matters!!

No comments: