Sunday, October 7, 2007

Happy Dance & Happy Thanksgiving!

I was dancing/jumping around my workroom last evening and shouting woo-hoo! (very loudly) when both my husband and dog came running to see what all the excitement was about. The source??? I finally got my invitation to Ravelry!!!!! Honestly, my husband looked at me like I'd grown a horn! I'd only checked the night before to see where I was on the list ... #490. So I knew I didn't have long to wait, but what I didn't realize is that they are now trying to add 500 new testers per day, so it's moving much more quickly. Yippee!

On a more solemn note, it's Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, so am up early to get the turkey stuffed and into the oven. So much to be thankful for! A wonderful place/country to live in; family (plus a new grandbaby!); friends; healthy enough to do what I love; have a job I love; the grace and love of God; and the list goes on! I once heard a saying that I've tried to adopt in my life: "Have an attitude of gratitude". When we look for things to be grateful for, instead of complaining, our life takes on a much more positive stance. That's what I'm shooting for. Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

craft-chick said...

Oh, I am so jealous you've gotten your invite...why oh why did I wait so long to sign up? I've got around 2400 left to go! I'll see you there hopefully in a week or so! Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Gail said...

I'm already there, so look for me! Or email me your Ravelry name!

Our turkey day is tomorrow, Glenn has been working double shifts since Friday.

I know what you mean about gratitude, my life is pretty good despite a few bumps. And I am very grateful for that. Happy Thanksgiving, Kerry!

Romi said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'll have to look for you on Ravelry. :)