Thursday, November 22, 2007

80th Birthday

Here's our grandson, Josh, helping me present Great Grandpa Lorne with a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake in honor of his 80th birthday, this past Saturday. There were 13 of us, including the new baby, on hand to help Lorne celebrate his birthday... 4 generations were represented at the table ... how special.

We feasted on baked ham, scalloped potatoes, pineapple sauce, salad, prawns and loads of raw veggies and dip until we were absolutely stuffed! Even Great Grandma surprised us by having seconds ... but, she saved a bit of room for the ice cream cake, which was very yummy! We were to also have a fruit platter, but I didn't discover I'd forgotten about it until after everyone had left ... classic me!

I'm currently 'miffed' with my knitting project (a cardigan) ... it's a Debbie Bliss aran pattern which called for aran tweed, but I subbed cashmerino aran. I had 10 balls, and by the pattern (& my) calculations, I should have only required slightly more that 9. Well, the back and two fronts are done and I'm 3/4's through the sleeves and I'm down to practically nothing yarn-wise. I guess I'll have to take the sleeves out, speed up the increases and have 3/4 sleeves, instead of full length. I'm not in the mood to deal with this right now, so I've tossed it in my basket and am doing my best to ignore it. Yes, I've already contacted the store where I purchased it to see if I could get 1 more ball in the same dyelot ... no go ... :P*******

4 comments:

Tara said...

That blows... Maybe try seeing if anyone's got one from your dye lot on Ravelry? (if you're on Ravelry, that is?)

Virtuous said...

Heeey! Thanks so much for coming to visit my blog.
I hope you and your cardi "make-up" up soon!

What a blessing to celebrate 80 years! Wow!

Marianne said...

Oh isn't that frustrating to get so close to the finish and then run out of yarn ! Hope you can still find some more.

Knitaholictoo said...

Grrr! I know how you feel! I hate that. I had a few projects that I was not on speaking terms, they have since been FROGGED! LOL! 80 yrs! WOW!!! Ice cream is great at any age isn't it...thank you for stopping by my blog.