Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!

I happened on a blog this afternoon, with a terrific contest going and the prize is Malabrigo yarn! Check it out here. She wants me to let you know that my favorite flower is white roses.

A herd of place markers for Easter dinner have taken over my workroom! I had fun making these with the Accucut die system at work yesterday and then decorating them at home with chalk, ice stickles, glitter glue and Quickutz Blossom set letter dies. I had invited the girls from my work to come to Good Friday Service with me yesterday and all but one were able to join me. I was so blessed. In the afternoon, the boss let us have the key to the store so we could scrapbook to our heart's content at the class tables. I left around 5:30 p.m. but some of the die hards were going to be there well in the night ... you go girls!

I still had a ball of Malabrigo left over from making the fetching mitts, so thought I'd try out a Koolhaus hat for our s-i-l. He works outdoors in the wet and cold and as this is pure wool, thought it would keep him warm and dry. I've just started the decreases for the crown, so should be finished soon. The colour is Vuu ? and is a really dark green, with a bit of blue and lime in it. So soft! This is an interesting knit ... although I'm reading a lot online lately about how to knit a cable without a cable needle, I am using a cable needle as the yarn is so dark, I didn't want to chance on loosing a stitch. Plus, it's so ingrained, I don't know if I could make the change at this point. We'll see.

Blessings to you as we celebrate our risen Lord!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your bunny place markers are so sweet. It looks as if you have an army of bunnies marching onto your table.

Have a joyous and blessed Easter.

Virtuous said...

Cute bunnies!

And the color is Vaa! ;o)

Happy Resurrection Sunday to you too!!

Rachel said...

Your hat looks lovely! I've knit two of them so far, and they're such fun to do. Happy Easter!

mames said...

mmm, malabrigo. so lovely. i never use a cable needle, it is a great technique to learn. once you try it and find your comfort zone you will fly through cables.

Amanda said...

Your Koolhaas will look awesome in Malabrigo! Baby E. is soooo adorable! I love the picture with grandpa whispering in his ear. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter!

Marianne said...

Oh you made some cute bunnies there !
I can't cable without a cable needle,I tried but it just doesn't work for me. Koolhaas will be lovely in this color.
You have such a cute grandson, just look at those proud grandparents !

Danielle said...

Happy Easter late! Cute bunny's :) I've tried to knit cables without a cable needle, I like doing it better with one. I'm not very experienced with cables, but that's my preference. That cardi from your last post has got to be one of the cutest I've seen in a while, and I agree with Rachel's comment on it being classic in style! Thanks for always leaving such kind words on my blog btw :)

Danielle said...

I just had to comment again because I just checked out your pinwheel baby blankie--wow!! I think it turned out so gorgeous. I hope mine is as pretty. I love your edging. Great inspiration :)

Danielle said...

I just had to comment again because I just checked out your pinwheel baby blankie--wow!! I think it turned out so gorgeous. I hope mine is as pretty. I love your edging. Great inspiration :)