Monday, June 14, 2010

Ishbel in blues ...




This is my second kick at the can with this pattern and I still love it!

Pattern: Ishbel
Yarn: Ella Rae Lace Merino Colour #106
Needles: Circular 4 mm
Blocked: 50" x 23"

I did the small size stocking stitch and then switched to the large size lace. I ended up with about 13 gm of yarn left over.

This yarn is so amazing for lace knitting! It's even, smooth, tightly twisted and blocks like a dream. I've never encountered a knot, or even a slub and the colours are so rich and vibrant with short colour changes ... it's simply divine.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Beautiful! I love the colours, it's just lovely. Well done!

Preeti said...

That is one stunning Ishbel, the points have blocked out perfect! Love the brilliant blue softened by the other shades, great colorway.

Kerry said...

Oh so gorgeous!!!

Jen said...

That is just gorgeous! What a beautiful color, and so beautifully knit.